Sunday, October 30, 2011

LET'S GET GREEK - GREEK PIZZA



I was in the mood for pizza, and for something Greek. So, I decided why not combine the two and make something delicious? Let me tell you something about this pizza, it is unbelievably easy to make, and so so so good. I actually didn't expect it to be this good. It took me approximately 15 minutes to make this. The reason being, I used pre-made pizza crust. I don't opt for this often, but the little grocery store near my house didn't have fresh dough, nor was I in the mood to make some. But this crust worked well! If you have fresh dough, or feel like making some, I would suggest that. But if you don't, it's still super good!

1 pre-made pizza crust
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs pizza sauce (I don't like too much, but it's really up to you)
1 cup grated whole milk mozzarella
1 small thinly sliced tomato (I like them very thin)
1 handful of thinly sliced onion, rounds broken up
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 450 degrees (This was the instruction for my pizza crust - follow whatever yours says). As it is heating, place your crust on a pizza baking sheet. With a baking brush, spread the olive oil all over the crust's surface. Spread pizza sauce on the crust. Proceed by sprinkling the mozzarella, layering the tomato, adding the onion, and then the feta. Then, sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes.



This is what it should look like before just before you put it in the oven. Leave it in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.

3 comments:

  1. I love feta! Pizza sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Something I will definitly try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is probably the best thing I have made apart from the Apple Puff Pastry Tart. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete